5.1. General Information
This manual contains important information on available editions, installation and operation of PLC reports.
PLC Reports is available in graded functional range. Depending on the edition, the number of PLCs, variables, archives as well as the number of report sheets is limited. Excel macros are available starting with Edition S.
5.2.1. Starter Edition
The Starter Edition allows you to create reports for small plants in a cost effective manner. The Starter Edition has the full range of functions with the exception of running Excel macros.
5.2.2. Edition S, M, L und XL
The editions S, M, L and XL have the full functionality including the ability to expand the reporting capabilities by running your own Excel macros.
5.2.3. Functional Overview of the Editions
|Edition||PLCs||Report Sheets||Variables||Archives||Run Macros|
|Extra Large (XL)||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Yes|
The number of PLCs indicates how many PLCs can be defined for data reading for reporting purposes.
188.8.131.52. Report Sheets
The number of report sheets indicates how many different Excel sheets reporting data can be written. Thereby only sheets into which PLC Reports writes data are counted. Different representations of the data in other worksheets, e.g. in trends or diagrams are not counted.
The number of variables indicates how many tag values can be read from the PLCs.
The number of archives indicates how many different archives can be defined.
184.108.40.206. Run Marcos
Run Macros indicates whether or not your own macros can be called during report creation.
5.3. Installation Requirements
To install PLC Report, the following software and hardware requirements must be met:
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8/Server 2003/Server2008 32Bit or 64Bit|
|CPU||>= Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo*|
|Hard drive||> 100MB, depending on the size of the report files and storage locations|
|Office||Microsoft Office 2003**/2007/2010|
|Or single Excel||Excel 2003*/2007/2010|
|.NET||Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile. Will be installed automatically during setup if an Internet connection is available.|
|*||Depending on the size of the configuration.|
|**||Limited functionality in the PDF output, the available file formats as well as the graphical design possibilities|
5.4. How to Install
The installation of PLC Reports requires administrative privileges and is always carried out for all users. To meet the current security concepts particularly in Windows 7 and 8, the Public Documents folder is used for settings, templates and report output: „Drive:\Users\Public\Documents“
In Windows Vista or higher, Public Documents are displayed in the user’s documents folder. With Windows XP, the directory is located under “Documents and Settings”.
PLC Reports requires the Microsoft. NET Framework 4 to be installed on the target computer. If it is not already installed, the .NET Framework 4 will automatically be downloaded and installed during the setup process if connected to the Internet. In case no internet connection is available during setup, the .NET Framework must be manually installed before running the PLC Reports setup program.
To install PLC Reports proceed as follows:
- Download the latest version of PLC Reports from the Internet.
- Make sure that you are logged on with administrative privileges.
- Run the downloaded PLC Reports installation program: Setup.exe.
- Confirm the Windows Security Alert and allow the installer to make changes to the computer.
- The installer of PLC Reports starts:
- Read the terms and conditions as well as the license terms. To install and use PLC Reports, the terms and conditions must be accepted.
- Select the installation directory. Accepting the suggested directory is recommended.
- Confirm to start the installation.
- The setup process will start. A dialog will inform you about the successful installation after the installation finishes.
- PLC Reports is now installed on your computer.
- You can start PLC Reports by means of the Start menu or by double-click on the desktop icon.
5.4.1. Approach to Using PLC Reports by Multiple Users and Share Data
User files of PLC Reports are always located in the Public Documents folder. Therefore, all settings as well as definition files are always available for all users.
1.5. How to Uninstall
To uninstall PLC Reports, proceed as follows:
- Open the control panel
- Depending on your Windows version, select „Add and Remove Programs“ or „Programs and Features“
- Select PLC Reports from the list of installed programs
- Click the button „Uninstall“
- PLC Reports is now being uninstalled
You will be informed about the completion of the uninstall process.